One of the most eagerly anticipated announcements in the design world every year comes from the renowned color experts at Pantone. The Color of the Year influences design choices in multiple industries, from fashion to event planning, and for 2023 Pantone chose a color that’s perfect for fall events everywhere.
The vibrant and audacious Viva Magenta (18-1750) is 2023’s Pantone Color of the Year. It’s a rich color that suggests elegance and boldness and brings in enough warm tones to make it the ideal basis for autumn event planning.
“This year’s Color of the Year is powerful and empowering,” Pantone writes in its announcement of the 2023 Color of the Year. “It is a new animated red that revels in pure joy, encouraging experimentation and self-expression without restraint, an electrifying and boundaryless shade that is manifesting as a standout statement. PANTONE 18-1750 Viva Magenta welcomes anyone and everyone with the same verve for life and rebellious spirit. It is a color that is audacious, full of wit, and inclusive of all.”
If you’re looking to work Viva Magenta into your fall event designs, look no further than right here. We’re going to share some practical tips for making Viva Magenta the centerpiece of your next event.
The Essence and Versatility of Viva Magenta
If anything is a statement color, it’s Pantone's Viva Magenta. “Rooted in nature, it captures the strength of red and exudes a sense of joy and optimism,” says Pantone. Viva Magenta is a vibrant enough hue to stand on its own, yet it’s versatile enough to pair beautifully with other shades.
Here are some of the best colors to pair with Viva Magenta:
- Golden yellows: Warm shades like golden yellows work well with Viva Magenta’s vibrancy, conjuring images of fall leaves. The Beverly Bench Ottoman in Yellow Fabric or the golden yellow Bowery Chair nicely complement the Chandler Sofa. If you prefer yellow in smaller quantities, bring in the Albuquerque Pillow in Ochre or the Regal Pillow as an accent pillow on the Chandler Sofa.
- Soft grays: The vibrant boldness of Viva Magenta with neutral pairs naturally with soft grays for a sophisticated, modern look. For example, the Chandler Sofa coordinates well with a gray accent chair like the Century Chair or Cordoba Chair. To achieve this pairing in reverse, combine the Red Beverly Bench Ottoman with the Sterling Sofa.
- Deep greens: For an elegant, nature-inspired palette reminiscent of magenta flowers against lush foliage, match Viva Magenta with rich greens. To achieve this look with the Chandler Sofa as the statement piece, bring in accents of green with pieces like the Marche Swivel Ottoman in Forest Green, Del Mar Tonal Rug in Moss Green, or the Lena Chair.
Weaving Viva Magenta Into Event Elements
Maybe you’re not looking to make Viva Magenta the base color, but you can incorporate it in other ways to give your fall event a lift. There are plenty of creative ways to incorporate the color — boldly, subtly, or somewhere in between:
- Table settings: One way to bring a pop of Viva Magenta into a dining setting is to start with neutral base tablecloths and introduce Viva Magenta through napkins, table runners, or chargers. Silver, gold, or copper accents can add touches of sophistication to the design.
- Seating: Whether you’re looking for bold upholstered chairs or subtle accents, you can’t go wrong with Viva Magenta. CORT offers seating in a similar hue, including the Chandler Sofa and the Red Beverly Bench Ottoman.
- Accent décor: Viva Magenta brings in a sense of elegance in any setting, whether you’re incorporating throw pillows, drapery, or rugs in your event design. CORT’s décor items that fit this color palette include the Marche Boho Ottoman in Belize, the Shimmer Pillow in Ruby Red, the Nile Rug, and the Merlot Super Velour Drape.
- Floral arrangements: Use flowers like deep red roses or magenta mums and pair them with muted greenery or golden yellow accents.
Lighting and interactive elements
Don’t underestimate the difference that the right lighting and engaging elements can make when you’re working with a color as bold as Viva Magenta. You can incorporate this vibrant hue in unexpected ways:
- Lighting: Magenta-hued uplighting can help you create a warm atmosphere. Alternate these lights with soft amber or golden lights for that autumnal glow. CORT offers multiple lighting options including LED accent lights and Luna Lighting pedestals that put you in complete control of your lighting.
- Interactive stations: For extra fun and engagement, set up a magenta-themed photo booth that incorporates props in shades of red, pink, and even gold or silver. You can even incorporate Viva Magenta elements into the bar area using color-themed cocktails and an LED-lit bar.
Craft Your Viva Magenta Masterpiece With CORT Events
As Pantone’s 2023 Color of the Year, Viva Magenta is on-trend, and it happens to be the ideal complement to the design of your fall event. It’s a bold shade that blends well with traditional autumn hues.
Viva Magenta works as a statement color that you can build a design around or it can be a brilliant accent shade. When you’re ready to bring Viva Magenta into your events this fall, look no further than CORT Events.
CORT’s extensive catalog can support your vision for a fall event incorporating the hottest color of the year. CORT Events also brings you a planning tool that harnesses technology to help you maximize space and bring your ideas to life. Make CORT Events part of your fall event planning process for a successful event with minimal headaches.